In the recent IAAP International teleconference call I spoke about stewardship. Attunement in practice and in lifestyle gives evidence of true stewardship. In the creation of the planet–according to a number of creation stories–Man, male and female, were created to steward the garden. Here is a description from the Bible:
26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea (water) and over the fowl of the air (air) and the over the cattle and over all the earth (earth), and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth (fire).
28: And God blessed them, and God said unto them. Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish (to sanctify) the earth, and subdue it (to coordinate all the vibrational aspects of the processes of Life): and have dominion (stewardship) over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
I have added a few words in parenthesis to highlight the realization that true stewardship brings balance by working with the creative process (water, air, earth, fire) and harmony through continual sanctification. Sanctification means to make holy, sacred.
Once there is the fundamental change of identity of consciousness in place, each Attunement Practitioner is given a gift of a vibrational field to steward. Each Practitioner has a field to garden so to speak. (In the creation story it is said that man was put into the garden of Eden to dress it and keep it–purpose!) Sanctifying continually is another way to say ad-dressing or handling the vibrations of the day—the discords and the cross-currents, so that peace and holiness are restored to the garden. This vibrational garden includes family, friends and also clients as well as other peoples around the world. Most people who take the various Attunement classes don’t set up a public practice. Many will share Attunement with themselves, family and friends, and perhaps long-distance work with others from time to time. Everyone has an active life field.
I have clients who come into the office out of balance and out of harmony. What to do? Share Attunement! Often, after a session, the person will comment that they are again in a state of peace and balance. How long that heavenly state lasts is up to the person and how they handle their world of vibrations.
This past week a client, a very busy contractor, came to the office disturbed over something happening in one of his crews and a disagreement with homeowner. He did not need to go into details, yet I could feel his mental and emotional disgruntlement when he arrived. It was a little like having a dark cloud covering the sun on a pleasant day. He announced loudly, “Boy, am I tired today! I really need this session.” So, we shared Attunement and some CranioSacral after which he proclaimed, “Wow, do I feel better, peaceful for the first time today. I wish I could keep this feeling.” I seized the opening and offered to teach him how to sanctify his day. He left the office quietly and commented that he will try to use the tool of clearing his day as I suggested to him.
Here is the sanctifying process that I suggested to him–something simple that many of us learned in the beginning Attunement classes.
1) At the close of your day turn off all electronic devices (TV, computers, cell phone, etc.) and sit (don’t lie down) quietly. Attune yourself–or saying it another way to someone without Attunement training, center yourself or ground yourself with a couple of deep breaths.
2) Mindfully, consciously, go through your day, revisiting the people you have encountered during the day’s activity.
3) Listen carefully, mentally and through feelings, as you go through the individuals in your day to sense any “left over” energies from your experience with people. If you notice something–each person will have different perception of this energy–then go through a few steps to release the discordant energy out of your body and energy field.
4) Request and direct–I use prayer–that the extraneous energies be released out of your body and energy field and into the hands of God, of Being, of Love, of Universe (whatever is appropriate for the person), in a spirit of thanksgiving and love. Thanksgiving and love are the ONLY way these energies will release. If you still have other feelings or thoughts–hate, fear, resentment, blame, etc. relative to the person, there will be no release.
5) I often use an exaggerated exhale or a hand gesture when releasing the energies. This I have noted over time helps reinforce the release at the subconscious mind level.
6) Lastly, having finished reviewing the day’s activities and people, request that the spaces in your body and energy field that held the “left over” energies and that are now empty, be filled with Light and Love of God, of Being, of Love, of Universe.
7) Once again, through sanctification, one’s body and energy field have been returned to holy, sacred space again. Give thanks that it is so.
You may have been taught this approach or other ways to sanctify your day and energies. But if you have not, I encourage you to consider sanctifying your day using the approach described. There have been many clients and students who have come back to the office all excited because they found that the sanctification process allowed them to sleep better, feel lighter, be more clear and perceptive, and most importantly, be happier with themselves. It works!